Reach Your Goals
Coaching offers a safe, creative, and non-judgemental space where you can reflect, explore and experiment, as you identify and move towards your desired future. unabridged coaching provides coaching for global development professionals wanting to develop professionally and advance in their career.
It’s invaluable if you are:
- looking for personal or professional development
- preparing for your next role at HQ or in the field
- looking to advance in your career
- rethinking your career
- wanting to challenge self-limiting beliefs, imposter syndrome or perfectionism
- in need of a thinking partner during a challenging time
My coaching is person- or ‘you’-centred and solution-focused. Individuals receiving coaching are the recognised experts in their life and drive the coaching agenda – and global development professionals often have unique challenges – we work on what is important for you and your growth and development. The coaching is focused on movement towards your goals, which involves identifying ways forward and taking action. This means that you are: a) your own agent of change b) you have work to do.
Whilst one the key components and benefits of coaching is the non-judgemental thinking space – this needs to be complemented with action. Your results are largely dependent on your engagement in the process, including your willingness to experiment with your learning and put it into practice.
My coaching is founded on deep listening, inquiry, reflection, learning and doing. As a coach, I will:
- Listen to you actively, without judgement: you will have my full attention
- Ask powerful questions
- Promote discovery and insight
- Challenge assumptions and limiting beliefs
- Help you to discover new thoughts and beliefs
- Provide structure
- Assist in setting goals, planning, and strategising
- Create opportunities for learning and growth (exercises and activities)
- Hold you accountable for what you want to achieve
- Trust you to make your own decisions
- Tell the truth
A Powerful Partnership
The coaching relationship is a powerful partnership that produces transformation through inquiry, learning and action. It encourages you to connect to the totality of your resources – your power, your strengths, your experiences, your wisdom – and to take action to create the results you want.
JOIN OUR LEADERSHIP REFLECTION SPACE
Download our ‘Coaching Cheat Sheet’ to get practical tips and tools that can help you make the most of your coaching experience.